Saturday, January 2, 2010

Hello 2010!

I didn't get to fully enjoy 2009 - having arrived in May, I missed out on January, February, March and April. So, I'm excited to experience 2010 from the very start. I wasn't able to stay up until midnight on New Year's Eve - I got a bit cranky at about 7:30pm and Mommy decided it was time for me to go to bed. I was a little freaked out when she said "see you next year" as she laid me down..."next year"?!?!? Come to find out, transitioning from one year to another is pretty seamless. Happens overnight (literally) and apparently requires a liquid called "champagne" and a guy named Dick Clark to make it happen. When I woke up the next morning, it was 2010. My friend Wilson (who's turning one in a few days) was here; he went to bed before me, but we both woke up along with our respective mommies at about 5:30am New Year's day. Wilson's got this crawling thing down to a science - boy, he's fast. I was trying to keep up, but I felt like I was moving in slow motion compared to Wilson. I'll get there in 2010 - just wait and see.

1 comment: